Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Watching Montel....

Today I was watching a bit of the Montel show. I couldn't watch all of it because my kid was playing in the living room, but I caught enough of it. It was about pedophiles and they had two of them as guests on the show, interviewing them about their sick perversions. It really is a perversion as far as I'm concerned. A sexual deviance like that is a perversion. That is how I see it. There isn't anything about children that is appealing in that way. It really angers me. Having been a child, and having a child. Of course being a person of sound moral sense.

They had that guy on. The guy with the website citing free speech. My ass! If promoting hatred is illegal, then promoting pedophilia most certainly should be for f*ck's sake. Promoting any kind of illegal activity or anything associated with criminal activity should be illegal. Plain and simple. This guy has a website dedicated to posting pictures of young girls from like 3-11 and citing places to find these girls for other pervs to get ideas where to go look for their targets. Sick Sonofab*tch. And for some f*cking reason he gets away with it because it's free speech. Of course there are limits to our freedoms, especially when he uses his 'freedom' to put others' freedoms at stake. Especially when he is using his 'freedom' to violate the rights of others. Especially when these are children at risk here. That should be enough to shut down his website. That should be enough to put him in jail for counseling. That is the charge of basically counseling a person on how to commit a crime. We have such laws in Canada, and it would be wise if they had it wherever-the-hell-he-is U.S.A.

The statistics on child abuse was staggering. They said that 1 in 4 girls would be victims and 1 in 6 boys would be. They had 300,000 reports per year and that is only half because the other half went unreported. There are like half a million sex offenders in the States and 100,000 of them are currently unaccounted for. This is serious sh*t. What I don't understand is why they let them out of jail. I can understand if it was an issue of overcrowding, but if they release them, why not release them to a psychiatric facility? Their release from prison could be on the condition that they receive medical treatment. This might have to be castration. I know that sounds cruel but it may be the only way to eliminate their 'urges'.

Sure the sex offender registry is an o.k idea because it has the public interest at heart. I give them credit there. But what happens when they move and they don't report their change of address. What happens when they become one of those 100,000 +? That doesn't prevent another child abduction or offense. What we have to do is get at the heart of the problem but that is something that we may never be able to do. Parents have to be at work and kids are at schools or other activities during the day. We put so much trust in strangers that it is scary. As my son gets older, I have my reservations about him going out of the house by himself as he will eventually do as he will be old enough to do so one of these days. I can't always be there because I will have a job that has me elsewhere. I have had talks with him about strangers and about how nobody is ever allowed to tough his private parts. And that if anything happens - God forbid- that he has to tell an adult right away and tell his parents. Even if someone else shows him their private parts of tries to get him to touch their private parts. I have to think that this talk I had with him works, but there are always other thoughts in the back of my mind. Those thoughts scare the hell out of me, but I have to face them in order to protect him. He's my son and if I had to, I would lay down my life for him. That is the honest truth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby:
I hope your doing well today, I know things aren't going as you wish they would go in life, but I'm just going to leave a little note saying that I'm here still and thinking about you. I'm hoping that maybe even just a little this would put a smile on your face, letting you know, that somebody out there in the wonderious world thinks about you.
Things are going alright here, just taking life one day at a time.
*HUGS* for all the stress and *HUGS* for all the shit hun, take care.
D.