How many times have I said that I hated winter?! We have too much snow. I hate the stuff. It's too cold and it slows me down. At least I don't have to try to push a stroller in the snow anymore. That was always FUN. NOT.
My feet are still warming up from venturing outside today. I had to return some movies and then ended up getting a few more. I don't know why, but I like scary movies sometimes. Mostly, I like funny movies. Laughs are always good. The action movies are way too unrealistic for me. I tend to get bored watching action movies because their all about explosions and shooting. Boring if you ask me, but that's just me.
I think Mother Nature is getting back at us for not having much snow last winter. Nature is a Mother alright! More like Mother F*cker! Sorry, but I thought it was funny. It's all about Murphy's law. I'm demented, so don't mind me while I just go sit over here and NOT look out the window. I don't want to see any more of it. I want it to go away. Let's send it to Africa for Christmas. "Here, take this stuff. We don't need it." I wonder what they'd think of it. I guess it's exciting when you've never been around the stuff before, but you get sick of it fast, unless you are one of the few people who actually enjoys it. Count me out.
I used to play outside in the snow when I was a kid. I used to love trying to make forts and slides. Winterlude should have enough snow this year for their festivities. Should be interesting. I need snow-pants. My son hates his. He says he hates them because they make him look fat. I said: "No they don't! Besides, keeping warm is the most important thing." I told him that if I had snow-pants, I'd wear them. They do make them for adults. Just f*cking expensive as heck.
There was a sale on Saturday, and I went to check out what they had. Even with the sales, things were still really expensive. Department stores are the worst for over-pricing everything. They get shirts for like less than ten dollars each and then sell them for forty bucks. It makes me sick. I realize that they have to make their money somehow, but it does get ridiculous. I got my brother a nice jacket for Christmas for 20 bucks and I saw one that wasn't even as nice as the one I got him. It was $300. That is way too steep.
Another thing that I don't like is the fact that they sell all kinds of stuff really cheap at Cosco, but only people with businesses or things like that can get a membership there. So the poorest of the poor still have to pay crazy prices when they could get MORE of the same thing for LESS. So the richer, stay rich, and get richer. The poor never seem to get anywhere.
I was reading in the newspaper a while ago that the government is thinking and talking about making kindergarten a full day instead of just two hours a day. I think it would be a good idea, although there are many against it. One of the reasons I think that it is a good idea is because the kids will get more of a chance to learn something in the course of a day instead of just the two hours that they are in school now.
My son hates school. I asked him why. He told me that they always do 'baby things'. I know that most of the kids who start school have never been to daycare before or preschool, but those who have (like my son) have the advantage. He's been able to write his name for a long time now. He can write my name, his father's name.... He knows how to spell some three letter words. He's learning how to read and add. He's really ready for grade one or at the very least senior kindergarten. He's always asking me how to spell words and all of that. He is really smart. So in addition to making kindergarten full days, they should consider testing them in kindergarten to see if they are smart enough to skip kindergarten altogether. They are saying there are so many kids, not enough teachers, but if they tested the kids, it would lessen the amount of kids in kindergarten if that is what they are concerned about. They are concerned about class sizes, but when I was in school, it wasn't uncommon to have 30+ kids in one class. I don't think the size of the class really affects their ability to learn. I mean, in countries like Japan, they have school 7 days a week and I have no idea what the class sizes are like, but I doubt any classes in a country close to the Asian culture are small. They seem to breed like bunnies.
Anyway, I think it would improve our education standards and it would get kids reading earlier, which would really be a good thing. The first 5 years of a kid's life are the most important. This is when they learn so much. Why not take advantage of this by way of teaching them more? Teaching and learning, never really hurt anyone. Some lessons are painful, like lessons in love, but they are way too young to learn those lessons. Besides, the only love they need are from their parents at that tender age.
1 comment:
every parent thinks his child is smart no matter what...it's extremely rare a parent thinks his son or daughter is dumb...i guess that's good parenting
Post a Comment