I'm not racist. I do believe that everyone should be treated equally and fairly. Having said that, I want to write about a few things.
First of all, I hate how SOME people, not all, come into Canada and exploit certain programs. Like for instance: The Toy Exchange. Otherwise known as Toy Mountain. A lot of people who use that program are only in it for the free toys. They don't even celebrate Christmas, but they go there anyway. It defeats the purpose of giving a child toys for Christmas who wouldn't get toys for Christmas. I say that if they don't celebrate Christmas, they shouldn't be there. That is my opinion. Not only that, but they take as much as they can get out of it which leaves other people with nothing. I've never gone to Toy Mountain. I believe that it is only for people who wouldn't have anything otherwise. If I know I won't have enough money at Christmas time, I save up during the year or I make my own gifts to give to family and friends.
Another thing that bothers me is the Snow Suit Fund. Welfare allocates money for winter clothing, i.e snow suits. If someone needs a snow suit for their kid, by all means go for it. But that doesn't mean that they have to be there all day because they don't like their options. Beggars can't be choosers. Literally. Be happy with what you get or get nothing at all. I've never gone to the Snow suit fund for my kid, but if I had to, I would just take the first one they gave me that fit him and be thanking them out the door and down the street. I'd be happy.
Whenever there is some special event for kids around here, it gets ruined by all the people who exploit it all. People budding in line, or pretending not to understand the rules just so that they can try to break them. I really hate that and I wish it would stop. All these programs, are meant to help people but they aren't helping people by letting them exploit them.
I feel that there are too many loop holes for those types of people. I'm not saying that they are all immigrants, but those who are immigrants should be happy that they have the opportunity to come to this country for a better life and realize that these are privileges and not rights. These social programs and whatever other programs aren't obligated to give anyone anything. They owe us nothing. Without these programs, people who would have nothing, would just have nothing and have to suffer without.
My brother is in high school. I know high schools are rough these days, and boys will be boys, but it doesn't seem right that some kids have to be scared to go to school. School is a very non-institutionalized institution. There are certain rules of conduct that are not enforced. Zero tolerance for violence is a nice concept, but enforce it already! The first year my brother was in high school, he got jumped by five guys. The principal told my mother: "A**** is a big kid, he can take care of himself". Honestly, my brother is taller than me, but he's got no weight to him. A gust of wind can send him flying to another country. I'd like to see the principal hold his own against five guys and see if he comes out of it still breathing. With the kid of attitude that guy has, I can see it on the horizon. I'd like to see how he would react to guys waiting for him after school.
The other day, there were some guys waiting for my brother outside the gym. My brother went out another door and went home. I think someone tipped him off. Intimidation is a form of violence that should not be tolerated. Fighting on or adjacent to school property should not be permitted whatsoever. I think that to be tougher on this sort of thing, they should have a '3 strikes you're out' policy. Not just for schools.
I'm not against immigration. If it weren't for immigration, I wouldn't be a Canadian. My Grandfather's father came from Scotland to Canada. I'm only 3rd generation Canadian. But I think that even for immigration, they should have that same policy. Just to get people to mellow the f*ck out when they get here. It's fine for people who want to come to Canada to lead a better life and get away from the violence of their home country, but there is NO REASON that they can't leave their violent tendencies at the border. When I read the paper, most of the time that I read about a violent crime, I see names of suspects or that of the accused and judging from those names, I get a pretty good idea that they were not originally from here.
Even in my personal life, when my mother got beat up by a group of Somalians. It doesn't make me hate that race of people just because a handful of them beat my mother into a concussion. I just hate when they try to make up an excuse for their actions by saying: "That's how we deal with disputes in our country." No, you're country is NOW CANADA. Be f*cking Canadian and stop acting like a bunch of savage animals. And, again, I'm NOT saying that they are ALL savage animals, just the ones that act as though they are.
So I think that having this policy wouldn't be a bad thing to add to the policy of immigration. If they screw up 3 times, they had their chances and they should go back to wherever the hell they came from in the first place. That goes for all immigrants no matter what country they came from, no matter what race or creed they come from. If they can't abide by Canadian laws, then they can go back and abide by their own laws.
Most of the stereotypes don't do people justice. They only exist because of the few people who misrepresented their own people. Sure, it's all nice to be politically correct and let them bring their own cultures into their new country, but if that culture is predominated by violence, then there has to be something that changes. People can't just go around shooting people just because when they were little they were trained to use a gun or whatever the case may be. People can't go around beating on other people because the only kind of justice they ever knew was 'street justice'. Everybody who lives in Canada has the OBLIGATION to preserve the peace. That means not acting like a bunch of f*cking monkeys causing sh*t. No pun intended.
I got my brother a new jacket for Christmas. I told my mother that he's not allowed to wear it to school because I don't want some punk trying to beat my brother into the ground just to take a twenty dollar jacket. I paid twenty dollars for it but I got it at $75 off. My brother got bit in the stomach by some kid because the kid wanted my brother's shoes. He got those shoes at Wal-Mart for like $15. The kid that bit him was 15 and my brother was maybe 13 at the time. It just goes to show that a lot of parents don't discipline their children anymore. The best way to raise a child is to teach them self-discipline. You teach them that you don't do things to people that you wouldn't want them to do to you.
My kid was talking to me about something he learned in school today. He was talking about what he thinks the word 'peace' means. He says to me: "Mommy, do you know what peace means?" I asked him what he thought it meant. He said: "Peace means when people are being good, it is so quiet and people can sit and do nothing." I told him that peace also means no fighting or bad things. They talked about it in class for Remembrance Day. He told me: "We wear poppies to remember the soldiers who died." It's amazing how much kids learn when they are at school. But the most important thing kids can be taught is RESPECT. This is something they should be taught at home.
I have to have a talk with my son about respect. He's getting at that age where he wants to always argue with me about everything. It drives me crazy. I have to send him to his room sometimes, but I don't think that will work for very much longer. When he is in trouble, he knows he is in trouble and he cries. When he cries, I feel bad and I try harder to explain to him in a gentle way that what he did was bad and why it is bad. I can't see how some parents just let their kids do whatever they want. That doesn't teach them anything and it definitely doesn't teach them respect. If a kid can't respect their parents enough to listen and behave at home, then how can they even function properly in society? Defiance is disrespect. Parents have to teach their children respect for them so that they can be respectful to others.
1 comment:
as an immigrant i agree with you 100%...it is because of my conservative views and standing for stricter immigration laws that i am rebuked by peers and family members, but my views are without a lack of justification.
For reasons that is too lengthy to explain, George Bush is a GOD.
Do u have AIM or messenger? i would like to talk to you...only because you, like i,are very expressive ( you more) and you being female i would like you to be an embodiment of all the females around the world so that that i can unleash my rage on you..jk
e-mail me if you want to
=)
Post a Comment