Things are going pretty well thus far. I like the hotel I'm in. Things are moving along there. I have to practice making the beds. I know that this isn't a hard job, but king sized beds are BIG. Making all these beds for strangers to sleep in. We clean 16 rooms in about 8 hours. The ladies training me have let me make the beds and do the dusting, and vacuuming. They clean the bathrooms and check the beds. They always find something wrong with how I made them. I don't make my bed at home and even if I did, I wouldn't bother doing hospital corners. If I wanted hospital corners, then I'd check myself into the mental hospital. I haven't been in there since before the renovations.
I've had a few things on my mind. I can't really get into any of it. It's just that when you give your number to someone, it would be nice if they called. Or when you write to someone, it would be nice if they wrote back, even if it is just to say they got your message. I'm always wondering why they didn't call or why they didn't write back. Then I worry.
Other than that, well, I just won't get into it here. This month I ran into a couple of guys from my classes in college. One is a bar tender and the other is a security guard at a mall. I don't know why the guy who is a bar tender went into that field. Maybe he likes it. As long as he's happy where he is and with what he's doing. He said he wanted to be a rock star instead of go into policing. His father is a cop and his sister is a cop. He just doesn't want to go into it and I think he just took policing in college because his father wanted him to.
There were a few people like that in the class. One was a chick at the top of our class. She was pushed by her father who probably had the dream of being a cop and couldn't so he wants his daughter to fulfill his dream for him. I can't think of any other reason why someone would push their kid into doing something.
My kid still wants to be a bunny farmer. If that is what he wants to be, then he can be a bunny farmer. And I'll help him by bunny-sitting. Speaking of baby animals... My kitten is becoming a pest. I gave him an oyster to eat, he scarfed it down. Then he decided he wanted more so he was pouncing at the girl cat trying to get her food. Yes, cats like oysters. Yes, I tend to spoil my cats from time to time. If I was a cat, I'd want to be spoiled. I'd want to be attached to someone's lap all the time (unless that person smelled really bad).
Anyway, still thinking about a bunch of things these days. I think about that incident last year, the guy with the knife who nearly killed that woman. I knew him. I hung out with him before they even met each other. It still scares me to think of it. I try not to think about it. A whole year has passed since it happened, since he got arrested. I kept thinking that he could have come after me instead of her and that I could have been the one laying in a pool of my own blood, freezing to death, bleeding to death in the park. But it wasn't me. Some woman I never met. Some unlucky woman who was almost killed.
I'm just tired. Pretty tired. I don't know why. Gotta do some laundry. See you later.
1 comment:
Seems like things are finally looking better for you
i have to agree with you with the calling part. Seriously just because you tell someone you like them, they stop calling and picking up the phone...
i have left messeges CLEARLY indicating that "if you find me annoying" or "you dont want to talk to me" ...TELL ME ..why cant people just tell?
i hate girls now
Post a Comment