Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Going to Work (co-op)

Friday was my last day of classes. Tomorrow will be my first day of co-op. Only six of us were picked for one of the highest end hotels in the city. I was one of them. I can't say which hotel, on here, but it is a fancy one downtown. I can say that it's not Le Chateau Laurier. I can also say that I'm nervous about working there. Mostly because I want that job, but I'm scared about screwing up. I've been kicked out of there before, I just don't want to get kicked out of there when I'm supposed to be there.

I woke up pretty early today. Well, not as early as I had to get up for school, but pretty early for a Sunday when I could have slept in. I couldn't get back to sleep. And my kitten was playing with my hair and sniffing my face. He's doing a bit better now, but he's still driving the other cat crazy. She doesn't want to play anymore and he always wants to play. His idea of playing with her is jumping on her and trying to bite her with his little baby kitty teeth. I thought they'd be getting along by now, but not yet. It took her a long time to get used to Oscar. She spent about two weeks hiding from him in the hall closet.

I'm going to try to do some heavy duty cleaning in my place today. I'm trying to get ready for my job as best as I can. I know that cleaning doesn't have anything to do with what I took in college, but it pays more than I was making as a security guard. Pay Dirt.

The thing is that once I'm actually in there, my pay will increase every year. If I work there for ten years, I might be making around $20/h. I'm already thinking about holiday pay. Time and a half.... I really want to get working as soon as possible. I want to start putting money away for the future. I have to be careful with my money. This month hasn't been as bad as last month. I mean I haven't spent as much. I went and got my bank records for this year and last year. I can see how much I have spent that I didn't need to spend. If I had put all of that money away, I wouldn't have had as many problems. Sometimes I go shopping when I feel bad about something. I do it because giving myself treats makes me feel good, but then I realize that I shouldn't have spent that money, I feel bad again. I don't go shopping often. I don't really like to go shopping. Unless I'm going shopping with my son because he'll see something he likes and he will ask me to buy it for him. When I don't have the money to buy him something, I just tell him that I don't have enough money right now and I say; "Maybe another time." He always just says "OK". He's never upset to the point of a temper tantrum. He's only really grumpy when he's tired. He still needs naps, which is good because his mom still needs naps, too.

So anyway, I'm going to start my cleaning today and I'll let you know how it goes.

Have yourselves a good rest of this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck on the job

it really does have to do with LUCK. dont you just hate it when you are eager and have a high work ethic but yet a company hires someone else less competent or lazy?

but that's life