Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

More Promises to be Broken

Today some guy came to my door canvassing for the Liberal Party. He gave me a pamphlet and asked me if I will support them. I said I'd think about it. I haven't voted for the liberals yet and I don't see any real reason why I should start. I want to see what the Conservatives will do with a majority government. I think they deserve a chance. We've had a Liberal government for too long now and things went downhill. I don't like Dalton and nobody will convince me to start liking the guy. He comes across too arrogant to me. That is my opinion. He doesn't know what it is like to be poor. He's living the high life now and everyone underneath him he treats like sh*t. Again, only my opinion. If you like the Liberals, then be my guest, like them all you want, but don't be waving your red political flag in my face because I'll likely shove it up your ass, or I will tell you to shove it up your own ass.

On the pamphlet it has things in it that I don't agree with. It made me laugh for the most part. They keep making it seem like all the problems they say they will address weren't caused by them. Like the mention of the Clean Water Act. They put that in place because of Walkerton. If it wasn't for that happening in the first place, they wouldn't have reformed the act. Who was in power when it happened? The Liberals. Who said that water didn't need regular testing? Mike Harris. I understand that the reason they made so many cut backs to services was to deplete the deficit. With the Conservatives, we have a $13.5 million dollar surplus. I believe it was the Liberals who were fond of closing schools and hospitals. I ask this question: How can you expect to have smaller class sizes when there are fewer schools? That doesn't make any sense.

It makes me wonder how a government can expect to achieve their 'good goals' when they do things to backtrack and prevent progress.

The Liberals said they wouldn't introduce any new taxes and yet they introduced some stupid health care tax. Health care is supposed to be free in Canada. It is one reason why Canada is such a great country. When political parties are promoting themselves in an election campaign they never point out their own faults. They don't talk about the Ad Scam. It was a big scandal and now people aren't talking about it as much as when they were doing the inquiry. Even the results of the inquiry hasn't really gotten to people. How can a government basically embezzle money and not get seriously reprimanded for it? During the last election, some politicians went to the opposing party and joined. Maybe that really says something. People were shocked and angry. They had their motives which probably included more money. But to say "to hell with the liberals, I want to be a conservative." That really says something about the liberals. It would say a lot about any party that had this happen to them.

I have to honestly admit that when it comes to politics, I'm not savvy. I don't really follow up on politicians. Most of them, if not all of them are crooks. Common thieves. They think it is ok to steal from the government because it is basically a faceless corporation. I find that it is becoming too bureaucratic oppose to democratic. This whole thing with the referendum... It bugs me. Just because if they change the way it is now, it might make it so that there will be more minority governments. All the other parties screw each other over more than they back each other up. It's all about competition, but it should be more about competence.

In this pamphlet about the liberals, they have these promised programs, plans, grants etc. How much of it, if any of it will actually come to fruition? They claim to have more people in Ontario working in the last 4 years. They don't mention that most of these are part time jobs that only pay minimum wage which isn't much to live off.

They say they want to hire more police, sure that might look good, but in reality, the money that they are given for 'resources' goes to paying the salaries in the first place. They need RESOURCES not necessarily more police. What about their safety? There have been so many police who have died in the line of duty. The gun registry was to protect them as a resource, but what good is having a gun registry when the registration fees were so high and the criminals are not going to register a stolen gun? That whole thing spiraled so far out of control. Only a year after buying the new computer system for the registry they decided they needed more money (like a billion dollars more) to 'upgrade' to a new computer system. I don't even think that it was a whole year after. They wasted so much money on that and it didn't work. The initial idea or concept of it was ok. It was all for a good cause, but realistically, it didn't work. For various reasons. In my opinion, cops aren't paid enough for the sh*t they have to do in their job. I know that is bad to say because they chose that field to begin with, but I can see teachers making more than cops in the near future. Education should be a mandatory public service. Which means teachers shouldn't be allowed to strike. It messes up the students' education plans. It makes students not really respect the education system. Especially after paying tuition that doesn't get refunded. If the service people are paying for is not provided, they should get their money back. Why should a teacher get paid to teach classes they aren't teaching due to a strike?
I can say I like teachers. Not all of them, but most. It is a good career choice. What I don't agree about it is the strikes. Everyone wants more money, but having strikes only pisses people off. I know it has much to do with the union. A lot of teachers wouldn't choose to go on strike and these are the ones who enjoy teaching. They are the ones who are teachers for the right reasons. It's the ones who are teaching for all the wrong reasons who shouldn't be teachers.

Maybe it is because of the school shootings, but that has been going on for a long time. If they had better security measures in place at schools, these things wouldn't happen as often. Metal detectors are in some schools. Especially in the states. That is because of their constitution. That part was added into the constitution like 200 years ago. It's not the wild west or the wild frontier anymore. We have become (for the most part) civilized human beings. We can communicate before resorting to using force. It shouldn't be a right to own a gun because the chances of having to use the gun or wanting to use the gun are too high. We need to do something about it.

We just need to have a huge meeting with someone who can fix the problems. Or a group of people who actually care about solving these problems to actually make the progress. I bet you that if Dalton went home and found his front door kicked in that he'd want to be tougher on crime or if anyone killed his loved ones he'd want to make sure that this country was tougher on criminals. Right now, since he is living such a peachy life and these things that happen to others don't directly affect him, he couldn't give two sh*ts.

Canadians need a leader who will stand up for all of us, protect our rights, not make families poorer, give us something to appreciate. By giving us something to appreciate, it shows that the government appreciates our country, and not just our country, but the people who make Canada what it is. We need someone we can trust not to try to pull the wool over our eyes. We need stability as a country and I think the best approach to stability is a conservative approach and not a liberal approach. We don't need the liberals reaching as far into our pockets as their greedy little fingers can reach. They are too liberal with our tax dollars and they have stolen from us before. I don't want to give them the chance to do it again.

No comments: