Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Mmmmmm..... WOOL.....

Anyone reading this blog knows that I have one thing that just gets me going. That is wool. I love to crochet and knit. I do it to relieve stress because I enjoy making things.

I plan on going to a specialty shop on the weekend that specializes in wool. I can see myself in the future with a sheep farm. I am enthralled with wool. I'd love to make my own from my own sheep. I don't think that sheep mind being shaved. Especially in the summer. Those coats must make them sweat. Knitting and wool art in general must be one of the oldest past times ever. I did a project on knitting once. It spreads over generations. My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was 8. The first thing I ever made was a scarf. It had so many holes in it from dropped stitches.

Anyway, I had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We went to Madoc. My Grandmother went with us this time. She met and stayed with Rob's Grandmother. They are the same age. They also got married in the same year. My Grandmother said she had the best sleep she has had in months and she even slept in. I didn't want her to be alone for the holiday. I'm glad she came with us.

I did upload the pictures I said I would. They are on my google site for my pictures. I'm going to probably upload them directly onto the blog one day, especially the pictures I took that I liked the best. I took over a hundred pictures on that trip. I like taking pictures of things. I'm still mad at myself for breaking my camera. All I did was drop it. It shouldn't break that easily. I think they make things to break easily so that people have to get them replaced. It is a conspiracy. Back in the day, they made things to last. It was quality assured. Now they make things to be crappy and break easily.

I heard that the Canadian dollar is stronger than the American dollar now. Not by much, but it is the first time in about twenty years or more. When the NDP were in power, the economy was the lowest it has probably ever been since the days of the depression. The conservatives only strengthened the economy. Sure there were cut backs, but they served a purpose. The purpose was to strengthen our economy and to bring it up to where we are now. Stephen Harper is an economist. We need that kind of thinking in the government. I know that this election is only a provincial election, and the referendum isn't for seperation (this time). The issue of seperation always seems to come up. It's been ongoing for years and I don't think there is a resolution in sight. Quebec wants to seperate from Canada, but they still want to use Canadian currency. What is up with that? Our country doesn't seem good enough for them, despite all the leeway, yet our money is, apprently. Urgh. Maybe the rest of the country could hold a referendum to settle it once and for all and put the issue to rest. If not for at least a hundred years, until I'm long gone.

Back at school this morning. Thank goodness that it is going to be a short week. My son had 4 days off school in a row because Friday there was no school due to a teacher development day. They seemed to plan that well, close to the holiday, eh?

I'm sort of glad to be back at school, but I still wish I was finished, and working. The first aid stuff was alright. It is good to know for life in general. Especially for people who have kids. I'm trying to teach my son emergency phone numbers. I wrote numbers and put them on the back of his bedroom door. The trouble is that sometimes he takes the phone when I'm not looking and sneaks off into his bedroom with it. When I think he has gone in there to take toys out of his toy box, he's in there calling people. He knows that he isn't allowed to call 9-1-1 unless it is an emergency. It is always good to teach kids that. There are instances of kindergarten kids who have used 9-1-1 to save people's lives. That is bravery. Kids that age are scared, but they know what to do because their parents teach them well. That is what I intend to do. Teach my son well.

No comments: