Let's face it, the world is a different place than it used to be. The more I think about it, the more it scares me. I try not to think about it, but I know I can't simply forget about it. I have to live in this world. I have to raise a child in this world. We all have to think about it at some point in our lives, but the more we think about it, the more we live in fear. We can't be afraid because life is short, too short.
It always happens when you try not to think about it. That darkness that is all around us. When you push it away, it comes back. You try to ignore it, but it is there. Always there, affecting something, someone. Strangers we don't know. People cannot predict the actions of others. Some things are accidents, other things are deliberate. I think that the opposite of compassion is cruelty. Maybe those who are the most cruel lack compassion simply because in the capacity where compassion should be is cruelty instead. I think about these things. I wonder what makes someone so cruel. The absence of compassion could only be one of a billion things. Some things are obviously beyond the comprehension my brain is capable of. I do not understand cruelty.
Obviously, to every action there is a reaction, being consequences and so forth. Every affect along the chain. In the initial thought process before the action had even begun to occur... People who are self-centered like most if not all sociopaths, would think along the lines of what they get out of the act. There is a part of the brain that controls the body's reward system. Scientists believe that this part of the brain is highly influential in decision making, especially deciding which course of action to take pending that decision. I think they call it altruism. Something like that. I read something in the newspaper about it a long time ago. I clipped the article for my scrapbook, but it never made it to my scrapbook.
I was watching batman earlier and I'm impressed with all the secret ninja techniques and such. Their trick to being 'invisible' is patience and agility. It's a neat culture and stuff.
Speaking of agility, I was watching the MTV awards on t.v last night and Britney Spears was on there doing a 'comeback' concert thing. She fell out of sync with her back up dancers and forgot to lip-sync with the music. It was pretty bad. What was REALLY bad was what the comic had to say about her after the performance. All of it was pretty much the truth, which made it funny, but it was pretty mean. Which made it funnier.
Nothing really going on, yet. I'll be busier at the end of the week. That is for sure. Then next week will be even worse. I'm really scared about that week. The week I start my course because of everything. Once everything is set, it won't be so bad.
Anyway, I found a book I'm going to get into, see if I can really get into it. Some books start off strong and I lose interest in them. Anyway, most books are worth a chance. They made it to the publisher so they have to be sort of decent. I've read books that I wouldn't recommend because they sucked. I read books that I never wanted to put down because they were so frigg'n good. I'm not choosy, I give pretty much anything a shot, but some books I just can't get into. If it is too complicated to explain the story in a simple format, then I would lose interest. When I ask people what a book is about and they tell me that it is too complicated to explain, it intimidates me. But books that have always been great are The Hardy Boys Series. They are well written. The same author who wrote The Hardy Boys also wrote Nancy Drew. She just used a different name. She thought that young boys wouldn't want to read books written by a chick who writes girls' books. I can't wait until my son is at an age that I can read him older stories like The Hardy Boys. I saved the ones I accumulated over the years for him to read when he gets older. I'm also getting him excited about going to the library and picking books to bring home to read at bedtime. I want him to grow up to be responsible enough to have his own library card. And I want him to still be as interested in reading as he is now. I want him to learn all that he can. I want to help give him those tools to learn all he can.
So off to reading I go for now. Good Night.
1 comment:
dont forget watch Masterminds on Fox...it's a good show. It's kind of an inspiration to be one.
Post a Comment