My baby boy starts school tomorrow. I knew this day was going to come, but it came faster than I expected it to. He's excited about it. I am, too. We went and had some lunch and we went to the park afterwards. We both had a nap when we got home. He said; "I spent all my energy." We both played together at the park. There weren't any other kids there for him to play with. I can be like a kid sometimes.
I'm looking forward to the party on Friday. It should be fun. I'm bringing my bathing suit to go swimming. The secretary said that usually the women don't go swimming at this annual party. I love to go swimming. I always have. I used to use the allowance my grandmother gave me at church when I was a kid to go swimming. It only used to cost two dollars to get into the pool. That was back when they had the two dollar bills instead of the Two-nies. Or toonies. Whatever you want to call them. This country is loony-toons. Get it? Loonies and Toonies. There is a joke about the toony. It's the queen with the bear behind. I think that is why they added the second polar bear on the back of it. Now the joke doesn't make much sense. Bears behind.
Today didn't seem that long. I started cleaning and I got a good start for tomorrow. I'll be able to get much more done because my son will be in school. He likes to 'help', but I prefer doing it without his 'help'. I have quite a bit to do, which I think I can manage in that time frame. Besides, I'm just going to have to do it over and over again. Hunting for tinker toys earlier, I realized that this is my life, clean.... clean..... laundry..... clean, take care of my son, clean....
Seems pretty mundane when I think about it, but oddly, it makes me feel better. I've felt rotten all week. Today I'm feeling better. My son makes every day worth while. He is the reason I get out of bed every morning.
I've developed a new routine to do before I go to bed. I stretch my muscles and it relaxes me to the point that I can actually get to sleep. It feels pretty good to stretch your legs, your arms, your whole body. I've been lifting weights in my room at night. Just small weights. It's not the amount of weight that's really important, but it is the usage of the muscles, it adds up. You lift a 5 pound weight 20 times and you lift 100 pounds. I've intimidated guys before with my biceps. Except I can't use them for f*ck all. My father had impressive arms.
I want to work on my abs. The guys in my grade 8 class called me 'abs of steel.' Well, one guy. I went to high-school with him afterwards. After changing schools 3 times. Now I'm just Flabby Abby. I hate the words that rhyme with my name. Especially scabby.
Life is going well, I guess the way it's always been going. The way it has to go, you know? Just listening to tunes right now, typing away on this post. I know I rant, endlessly, but pointblank, I just write what I think about.
I was watching a messed up movie last night called "Death Proof." It was a total girl-power movie. The chicks won in the end. The end was messed up, if you asked me. It didn't really tie it off. I like watching movies that either lead to a sequel, or tie everything up in a neat lil package.
I like watching movies. They are entertaining. It's like reading a book, but watching it unfold on screen instead of watching it in your head and having to read the words.
Time to write some poems, I think. I'm in an odd mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment