Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Same Old Stuff

Things are still going well for me these days. Nothing to really talk about in my life. Nothing exciting going on recently to talk about. Just the same old stuff.

I joined facebook. I wasn't going to, but I wanted to see my cousins' profiles on there, pictures of their kids and stuff. I also wanted to see if I could locate people I went to school with.

I'm going back to the library tomorrow with my son. I have a bunch of books to return. I may as well see if I can get any more. I need another good crime novel to read. Some fictions are good. I've never been into sci-fi, though. I don't like a great deal of fantasy books either. It is creative and all that, but I like a sense of reality in there when I'm reading a book. Good characters always make the story good, but the story itself has to make sense to me. I want to be able to think about it afterwards, recall parts I didn't expect.

Anne Rule always has good books. I'll see what I can find there. My son loves picking out his own books. I love reading them to him. He asks questions about the story, and about the pictures. I enjoy the closeness we have when it is story time. I know he won't always want to cuddle and he is growing out of it. I don't want him to stop needing me, but eventually he will. I will have to accept it. It will be hard. It's just that I feel like one day I won't be needed for anything. It is a fear I have that I'm just going to be completely useless.

I've been tired a lot lately. Don't know why. I have to rest when I can to have enough energy to make it through the day. The next couple weeks are going to be busy because I have to establish new routines. It has never been an easy thing for me to do. Schedules have never been my strong point. I find myself letting my son stay up later than he usually does because I'm hoping he will sleep in for a bit. He very rarely does. Awake at sunrise.

Been writing a few new poems, haven't done anything about submissions yet. Still thinking about it. Not sure, yet.

I'm heading to bed now. Good Night.

No comments: