Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

This Month Is Nuts

I don't often look at my stats on here or read my old posts.
It seems like one post I wrote still gets the most views.
Probably because it has the most comments.

It surprises me when I get any.

But this month is almost triple what I usually get.
It's not about the views or whatever.

I just like to write and would probably lose my mind if I couldn't.
If I lost my fingers, I'd find another way to type.

The woman with no arms, no hands, doing everything with her feet...
She could button clothes, comb hair, light and smoke a cigarette.

And the guy who plays guitar with his feet.

They just learned to make do with what they had.
A huge disadvantage, but advantage over anyone
who haven't learned to do anything with their feet.
Except the usual stuff.

I try to do a few rows each night.
On either of my projects.
I want to make a dent in my stash this year and next.
I have so much to work with until I get any more.
I still go and look at it, touch it, love it lol.

But I have enough here to knit and crochet my way through a war.
And people who need blankets etc will come to me.
To learn how to make blankets
and everyone will be warmer lol.

Then I could have something to barter with lol.
Tradesies. ðŸ¤£

But people need hats to keep their ears warm
and the heat in.

I have made balaclavas and harfs.
It's a long stocking cap that you can wrap around like a scarf.
Those are fun to knit, actually.
Because of the decreases.

By the time I get to the tip, I have around 6 stitches only.
And decreasing from 72 stitches.

The blanket I'm making is pretty wide.
I'd rather it go to a nursing home.

The members of the knitting group make a variety of things.
Slippers, mittens, hats, sweaters etc.

One blanket that was finished was a bunch of squares sewn together.
It really turned out well. The colors were great.

The blankets are alright to make, it just takes a long time.
It takes me around 6-8 months to make one.
I gave one to my ex.
I made him a few things.
Whether he still has them or not, I don't know.

But some of the stuff, I want to make more of.
I'm facing a long winter, but last winter wasn't so bad.
Maybe it's climate change...

They say that early springs make it so the ground dries up
before it usually does.

The longer it stays frozen or wet, 
it doesn't catch fire.

The fires themselves... Could be caused in a variety of ways.
That huge fire in Australia was crazy!
Pretty sure everyone was praying for rain, and it did.

I was watching something about 'collective consciousness'
Where they taught monkeys to wash their food before eating it.
The monkeys were on an island.

Then monkeys that never met the monkeys who were taught
started doing it.
Like it was somehow "communicated"
with the rest of the species.
Which is pretty wild.


No comments: