Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Funny How It Works

The saying: "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."
Court cop told me that it was serious and should be taken seriously.
He said he'd try to open up an investigation.

Because it has to do with domestic assault,
even if the victim doesn't want to press charges,
charges can still be laid.

Doesn't mean that the charges will stick.
Like just because they are charged
doesn't mean they'll be prosecuted.

But I guess charges will still show up on the record.

It was weird at the police station.
By the phones there's a door that says SA registry.
Then a sign that says they MUST call and make an appointment.
No 'walk-ins' allowed.

It's like: Just going for a stroll, better register while I'm out?
Who knows how they think?

But I guess they get processed when charged.
And who knows how long they are there for?

Shouldn't have ever done it.

Anyway, I found that interesting.

A friend confirmed that I did what I felt was right.
And the chips will just fall where they may.

Any time I have any doubts, I'll have those texts.

I don't know why, but he knows what to say.
And yes, he has his constructive criticisms,
but I know where it's coming from.


There are some moments here and there
that cheer me up when I think about them.

One time, I was at the top of the hill
and there was a guy with a bike in the field.
We just stopped and looked at each other.

Part of me wanted to go down to talk to him, 
but another part of me didn't want to walk into the field.
So I just waved and went around the corner.

Then, he got to the top of the hill with his bike.
And we just stood there, looking at each other, again.
Didn't say anything to each other.
But I turned around, again.


The female on the platform when I was on the train.
The door was open and she was just there.
She said "you're so pretty."
"Thank you, so are you."

Okay, well... Wasn't sure what to say.
That's the only time that ever happened.
Surprised it even happened.

Honestly, a lot I never saw coming.
Some nice things, too, though.


Just been really tired lately.
Do you know how it is when you've been emotionally overloaded?
Then you just kind of crash?

When you've been in WTF MODE FOR WAY TOO LONG?
IT'S EXHAUSTING.


No comments: