Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2024

It's Cold In Here

Someone came here and he "did" my thermostat thing.
He set it low and the air's been so cold and I don't know how
to increase the temperature, so I just block the vent.

I had like 4 or 5 pigeon families on my balcony. 
So, at one point, there were 5 nests. 
It was neat seeing the eggs hatch and watching them grow.
Then, eventually, they'd fly away...

Anyway, one night, I kept hearing banging. 
I went to go check out what was going on
and A F*CKING RACCOON CAME OUT OF THE HUT THING
THAT I BUILT FOR THEM FOR THE WINTER...

The raccoon scaled up the side of the building to the 8th floor ffs.
TO EAT THE PIGEON EGGS!

Since then, I haven't had any pigeons here.
Kinda sad about it, because they were pleasant to hear
making their pigeon noises in the morning etc.
Was cool that they trusted me to have their babies here.
Until the damn raccoon came...
Was so damn surprising, though!
I've had squirrels up here, before. 
They wanted to make a nest up here.
They didn't stay long. 

Anyway, I've been very tired lately. 
My sleep schedule's f*cked up, again. 
Been going to bed around 5am these days. 
I had this problem before, I was stuck in it for months. 

I've just gotta start taking my medication earlier. 
When I first took it, I didn't know that it was the medication
that had me feeling tired all the damn time, it's a sedative.
I was taking it for anxiety. 
HARD TO BE ANXIOUS WHEN YOU'RE KNOCKED OUT!

Lately, haven't been remembering my dreams. 
Been sleeping, though, at least.
Is it weird to look forward to dreaming?
Someone told me they don't dream.
I can't imagine just sleeping without dreaming. 
Because the brain still works while you're asleep...

I remember my son sat up in bed and said:
"It's the kind that takes pictures." Then he went back to sleep.
I used to sleepwalk when I was a kid. 
Also, I used to sleep butt-naked...
My mom caught me at the back door, 
with my teddy bear and my pillow 
trying to escape the house, naked lol

I snore, grind my teeth, and drool on my pillow lol.
Once, I was sleeping next to someone
WHO YANKED THE PILLOW OUT FROM UNDER MY HEAD
LIKE WTF.
Wouldn't it be nice to just not have that crap?
Just to not have that happen, ever?
BECAUSE WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT.
HE SAID HE DID IT WHILE HE WAS ASLEEP.
Sleep yanking?

Another time I was sleeping on someone's couch
and he was sleeping in the chair.
In the middle of the night I heard a crash
and I was scared thinking someone had thrown
something through the window or something. 
I guess he was sleep punching 
and punched a lamp over.

Another time I was sleeping here and there was a huge storm. 
I didn't know it was storming because I'd been asleep. 
The storm had to have been close
because the thunder-clap was so loud...
I thought a bomb had detonated... 
You know that moment when your brain freaks out
because you don't know what's going on?
Well, yeah. That scared me.

Sometimes I think I should stay up all night
some night this week to just go to bed early the next day.

I have some earrings I found when I was a janitor.
And another one I found on the way home.
I don't know if they are actual diamonds. 
I'm going to take them to the pawn shop
because they'll have the test kit thing and they'll test them.
If I can get some money from those, that'd be cool. 
Maybe I can pawn some other stuff. 
I don't know what I could bring over there
that they would buy. 
I have some things that are worth money, 
but I wouldn't sell those. Sentimental. 

But sometimes neighbors move out and leave stuff.
One guy was giving away all his stuff.
I got a bunch of towels and some stuff maybe I can sell.

Pretty much I have to downsize like bananas.
I don't need all the things that I have. 
I have some collections:
Books, Wool, Jackets.

I don't know why I have collected a bunch of jackets.
I don't wear most of them and I could do with a few.

Books, well, they are great.
Why do I have so many? Ones I haven't read...
It's the info... I guess I want to hold onto the info in said books.

Wool, because I knit and crochet.
Do I have too much of it? Maybe.
Some people think I have too much...
Been slowly making dents in my "stash"
and yes, the term is actually "stash."

Haven't been reading or knitting much lately.
Maybe I should take a break from the internet for a while. 

Once, I took a break from the internet for 6 months.
Once I got over the initial "desire to look stuff up"
it got easier and easier.

I read more, I knitted more, I listened to music. 
I went for more walks, etc. 

Back when I was in my 20s, I had a major internet addiction. 
Going "Cold Turkey" from the internet is hard at first, 
but, being offline, for a while has its benefits.

Anyway, I should try to go to bed, now.
Good night. 

No comments: