Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2024

Another Inconvenience

So I mentioned I am taking care of a cat.
This cat... When I'm trying to sleep...
Thinks it's cool to jump all over me
or wake me up some other way.

When I'm up, she doesn't bother me.
She seems to need a lot of attention. 

Anyway, not hating on the cat.
Just wish the cat would let me be while I'm asleep.
I let the cat be when she's asleep.

Also, I thought I was only going to have her for one day.
Then he's been here twice 'to see the cat.'

And when he was here, he brought a few bugs in with him. 
Then he told the property management that I saw a few, too. 
BECAUSE they came from him. 

And they came to inspect my place...
And he told me that he told them.
And now they want to do a treatment thing. 
Even though they didn't see anything while they were here...
But because I saw a few... That came from him and his brother...
Now I have been inconvenienced even further.

And I still have the cat here.
At least until Wednesday because she can't be here
while they do the treatment here
THAT'S WHY SHE'S HERE BECAUSE SHE COULDN'T BE THERE.

That's why I thought it was only going to be a day.

But they probably need more than one treatment
and the treatment we're both getting on Wednesday
makes it their second, my 7th.

I just had started putting my stuff back 
I hadn't for over a year because I didn't want to keep having to move it.
If I had put it back each time, 
I would have had to move it 6 times.
And this time is the 7th, but 2nd time having to move it.

Am I upset that he texted me again because he just wants to come downstairs
and see his cat that could be with him, not me?
since his treatment is Wednesday. 
So I'm supposed to have her until then?

I know it's just a cat. 
But it's more like being expected to just hold onto the cat
until they decide to take the cat or make other arrangements.

But why ask me? Being "She's nice. She wouldn't mind."
One day, okay. But one week?
Then he wants to come see her every day?

I had this kind of thing happen to me with a bird. 
A friend told me he needed someone to take care of the bird
because he was going to the hospital...
But he didn't even end up going to the hospital.

It was a reason to "come over."
Him wanting to come "see his cat" feels like the same thing.
I don't like it. It feels like manipulation. 

One day, fine. 
But what was it going to be?
Let him come over all the time?
Just because he won't take the cat back yet?

So if I don't want anyone coming over, 
because I'm busy, or tired, or just want to be by myself...
What do I do? Pretend I'm not home?
Because I don't have to be available to everyone, all the time.

Why should I be a favor factory?
Anyone doing me favors?
How about NOT bringing bugs into my house?
How about all the additional stuff?
How about not with any of that?
That would have been a great favor, to me.

Anyway, I'm just freaking tired. 
When I try to sleep, I get jumped on or bugged.
I tried putting the cat in another room, 
but the cat just kept meowing. 

All I wanted was 2 more hours. That's it.

Then when I finally "woke up" he wants to come over.
I want to get work done and now have to move 3 rooms.
By myself and it's going to be an inconvenience.
And I won't want to put it back again
because I don't want to move it again. 

But also, I need to downsize. 
If I had a car, I'd make trips and just downsize.

So I have to make little trips. 

Once, I had an idea. 
To put random things into a bag
and just put it on random people's door knobs. 
That way they get to decide what to do with it.

I feel guilty about throwing stuff out.
Except for the things that obviously need to be.

And I've kept many things for sentimental value.


No comments: