Pages

Monday, November 05, 2007

Taking a Break

I'm taking a little break from cleaning up today. I have a lot of cleaning to do. I've already got some laundry done. I'll have to put it away soon. I'm working on cleaning the kitchen. It seems to take forever. I've cleaned the bottom cupboards. I've cleaned the counters. I have to do the dishes. I have a lot of sh*t to do. I guess taking breaks is my way of procrastinating. Or maybe I just needed to write. Without writing, I'd go crazy. Literally, but I guess I'm pretty close to being crazy already.

My son is at school right now so I have to get as much done as I can get done while he's there. He likes to 'help', but he makes messes while I'm cleaning and it drives me nuts. Or he'll want to do something, only when I'm already doing something. I told him that we might go swimming after school, but I'm going to be too tired after all that I have to get done. I really want to take him swimming but it will be another form of procrastination on my part. This place is in TOTAL disarray. I have to admit that I don't clean every day like I should, but some days I just don't want to do anything. Most of my days feel that way. I really want to just lay down and take a nap until it's time to pick my kid up from school. Have I done anything to deserve a nap? I did do laundry this morning.... Is that enough? I wonder.... Hmmm. What do you think?

There's always going to be cleaning to do. I had a busy day yesterday. Running on only 4 hours of sleep. So maybe I should just lay down for an hour. Only an hour. Then I can clean up some more later on. When my kid is in bed. That way he won't be trying to 'help'.

Maybe if I do a bit every day, I'll get this place the way I want it. If I stopped putting things off, then I can have this place looking decent. At least the kitchen is already starting to look good. Dishes don't take long. I don't know why I hate doing things like that. I think it is because my feet get sore standing at the sink for a long time.

Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: