Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Making an Impact

Well I got the place cleaned up, mostly cleaned up. Then the 'tornado' struck this morning. So I have to resurrect a few rooms today. YUP, there's nothing like having a kid.

I still love to cuddle him. He will still cuddle with me from time to time, but he wants to do everything by himself. I knew it was going to happen, but I still miss doing those things for him. Sometimes I wish he was older so that he can actually help me with the chores around here, and I wonder what he will look like when he's older. His hair is getting darker. I can tell he'll look a lot like his father, but I see myself in him, too.

I feel a bit better today. I had a shower this morning. Washing my hair makes me feel better. I don't know why. Maybe because I have hair to wash now. Sometimes it feels weird, but I think it felt more strange having short hair. It's almost to my shoulders now. I can tie it back. I waited a long time just to be able to tie it back.

I know I still have cleaning to do, but I cleaned a lot yesterday, so I don't really feel like doing it all over again. I know that if I don't do any cleaning today, it'll just be worse tomorrow and that I'll have to work twice as hard. It gives me something to do around here, but I'd rather work on my projects. I haven't done anything to deserve a nap while he's at school. So maybe I should just do some crochet for a while.

I love knitting and crocheting, but I want to do it for a living. It can't really be done for a living because it takes too long to make anything that I could sell. I broke my sewing machine so I can't really do any sewing, except by hand and sewing by hand takes longer than crocheting. If I could find an easier way to make the things I want to make, then I could do it for a living. I wish I could paint like Bob Ross. Have you ever seen that guy paint? He's awesome. He makes it look so f*cking easy. I'd like to see him do something with his hair. The 70's are over, Bob! Get a crew cut or something. Anything other than an afro. Maybe even a mullet. Mullets look better than afro's. In my opinion, anyway. Afro's are too distracting.

Painting is an expensive hobby. Well a lot of hobbies are expensive. My hobby isn't really that expensive because I can always use the needles and hooks over and over again. The only thing I have to buy is wool. Mmmmm.... Wool! ***Drool***

I just wish that it didn't take weeks or months to make something I could sell. The thing is that after I make something, it took so long to make it that I want to keep it. I dunno what I'm going to do. I need a job, but one thing that is stopping me is the fact that my kid only goes to school for a couple hours each day. I don't want to leave him with just anyone. I have heard babysitting horror stories. I don't want anything to happen to my son. If that means that I have to take another year off work just so that I can stay home with my son, then I will have to make that sacrifice. He'll be in school full days in grade 1. That will make my life easier.

In the meantime maybe I will have to do a bit of research into a few things to see if I could work from home. I'd love to be able to work from home. If I could work from home, then I could manage several areas of my life all in one shot. I want to do something that I enjoy doing. I like writing, but I don't have any education in writing, ad besides, I'm not really that great at it. I wish I could be an artist and sell my art at art shows. Those sculptures I saw were selling for thousands of dollars. I asked one guy how long it took to make his sculpture and he said it took at most a couple of weeks. I like to work with my hands and I love doing art, making things. That would be a great job for me if I could ever get into it professionally. Which I doubt.

Anyway, I've better go do something slightly productive, today. Hopefully whatever I do will make some sort of impact on today, and perhaps on the rest of my life.

No comments: