Pages

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Being Thankful

As we go about our days in all of our own ways, we take our own time to think, about everything.

So I ponder. I query. Sometimes I get answers, sometimes I do not.
Sometimes the answers make sense, sometimes they do not.
Sometimes I forget to ask the questions I want answers to.
But curiosity isn't some trait that only humans have. Remember Curious George? A monkey!
And 'Curiosity Killed the Cat'. We heard that one before. We forget that satisfaction brought it back
Curiosity provokes interest and interest initiates exploration. Exploration equals involvement.

I think: Interest + Involvement = Invention.

Wouldn't it be cool to just invent something that nobody else has ever come close to doing before? To be inventive, you'd have to be imaginative. I lost my ability to imagine years ago. It is something that as a child is quite active, your imagination. I used to have a great imagination. The only time I'm actually imaginative is when I'm dreaming. I've had some strange ones lately. Maybe because I took gravol to help me get to sleep. That always gives me strange dreams, but vivid ones.

I had a dream that I was trapped in a store all night because there was a killer out there on the loose. I was in there with a bunch of other people, none of them are people I know in life.

Another part of the dream that had a restaurant where there was a recycling theme.

I saw a show on t.v last night that had footage of a dog scuba diving with her owner. He got an actual scuba-gear suit for her with an oxygen tank, a helmet that had an intercom thing in it so the guy could talk to his dog under water and she could hear him. It must have been expensive, but the dog looked like she was really enjoying herself. I guess she liked the weightless feeling you get from swimming. That is definitely the helium. I don't know how two gases can form a liquid like water, but that's something I may never understand.

There are many, many things I do not understand, but that's life. I don't understand why people are so wasteful. We seem to waste a lot, too. We waste money, time, resources, energy, food, water. I think about this stuff. I think about how much garbage we toss out. Far too much. Far much more than our ancestors. I think our ancestors would be mortified at how we lived. In general. We have far much more than they did and we take it for granted. We take for granted how much easier things are today. We have microwaves and people had to hunt and cook over a fire, many still do today. In other parts of the world.

North Americans have it a lot better than those who are third world countries. We can walk down the street without seeing people being killed or being killed ourselves. We owe that to our ancestors who died to make our country what it is. War isn't necessary, not at all. I wonder what our country would be like if there weren't any world wars. Would Canada have been taken over by some regime? Would we be treated like slaves in our own country? What if Hitler got to Canada and started wiping us out? He killed something like 4.5 million people in 4 years. Sometimes I wonder how that is even possible, but according to history, it happened. He had a huge army. So did Napoleon, but many of them died from disease. Typhus. Who is there to say that there couldn't be another uprising like that? As terrifying as it seems, and is, history does repeat itself. Who's to say that there definitely won't be a third world war? I don't know if it could be in my life time, but it could happen. People have been saying that the people of Afghanistan don't want the Canadians there. They held a poll there and they apparently do want them there. The Canadian Soldiers, that is.

Remembrance Day is coming up and it's two years until the mission in Afghanistan is over. We'll see if the troops actually get to come home in 2009. Politicians tell the public one thing and end up doing something else. To tell the truth, I don't think the wars will ever be over. Peace on earth will never exist except for those who live in the bliss of ignorance. They have all the peace they will ever need because since they don't have to think about any crisis, they choose not to. That is selective living. I'm just waiting for those idiots to wake the f*ck up and look around them, to flip on the news stations and take a look at those less fortunate. It's all around, in the media, even homelessness in North America. That's not the same as homelessness in a third world country. We have shelters and social programs, they have nothing.

I think about all that I have and the circumstances of my life and although I've been through some stuff it is nothing in comparison to someone else's life. I have a place to live, I have money, I have food. I have lots to be thankful for.

No comments: