I can't say I'm pleased with the election results, but I had a feeling the Liberals were going to win. The good news is that they have a provincial government and not a federal government. That will help me sleep at night. One thing I don't agree with is how people vote for the person running in the election and not for the party. It's all good to like your local candidate, but it comes down to the ideas coming from the PEOPLE in the PARTY.
Hopefully the federal election will yield better results. If this was an election in Alberta, the Conservatives would have won hands down. I think that is one reason why the majority of the people in Alberta hate the people in Ontario. The Liberals pay for their campaigns with tax money and the Conservatives held fund raising events. Therefore the campaign for the Conservatives is already 100% paid off already.
I'm wondering what new taxes the Liberals are going to stick us with. They said no new taxes last time and then came the health premiums. They argued that it was a premium and not a tax. Same damn thing. You can't hide that fact under a different name. And as for the faith based school funding.... The Liberals were saying it was all bad and wrong. But at a previous debate they were all for it. The problem with the Conservatives is that they don't know how to play hard ball when it comes to devising their campaigns. They should have thrown it right back into their faces by playing that debate clip in a commercial. I think the only reasons the Liberals won was because 1) They didn't make any promises this time, 2) They distracted people with the whole FBS bullsh*t, 3) They made it seem like all the sh*t they did, screwing up was caused by the Conservatives.
Anyway, enough about the election. It's over. They won, we lost. It's already done. Too bad.
I had to take the day off yesterday to get some of my stuff done. I feel a bit better about it. It's never over. Always something I have to run around for. I just hope to keep on top of it from now on so that I don't have to panic. I hate panicing. But I let my stress levels rise to the point that I can't easily control them like I should be able to do. If only... If only anxiety did not exist.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow night because I can get away like I do every Friday night. I get to sleep in on Saturday and I'm going wool shopping. I did a bit of wool shopping yesterday. I also got some paint and a few canvasses. I got my son to paint his name on one of them. He loves art. I think he takes after me in that regard. I love art, also. I love watching him draw and paint. It's really cute watching him go at it. He sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating.
I started a new project last night. I started knitting a blue scarf. I got lots of new patterns. After tomorrow I'm going to try hard to get into my collection of wool and use it up before I buy anymore. I have plenty of wool to last me through the winter. Also, I plan on getting something done with my manuscripts. My Grandmother knows I wrote a couple of children's stories and she wants me to send them out. She gets mad at me when she asks me if I've done anything with them and I tell her I haven't. She knows about all my poems, too. Still haven't really done anything with those. Although, I did get one published. And I have my blog, but I haven't had much time to update all of them, yet.
Tomorrow is my last day of classes. On Monday I'll be working at some Hotel. Don't even know which one yet, or what time I'll have to start there in the morning, but atleast it is something. And it is practical stuff.
Anyways, have yourselves a good day. Even if it rains all day. Bleh, rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment