Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Keep French Classes IN Schools

I don't know why I did it. Sometimes I regret shopping. I bought a bunch of stuff that I don't need. I thought it would help me feel better, but it didn't. I bought a couple of books and some makeup. I bought myself a poutine.

I don't wear makeup often. I so rarely wear any that it lasts me a very long time. I needed some dental floss. I know having a clean mouth will help me feel better. I bought some new toothpaste, too. I want to give myself a makeover. I don't know why I've been feeling low. It happens, I guess.

Anyway, when I was eating my lunch, there was a cute little baby sitting with his Mommy. His mother said that he's not even a year old yet and he already knows how to wave. He waved to me a bunch of times. He is so cute.

My son is really cute, but he's been pushing buttons left and right lately. He's been yelling at me and talking back to me. He's had to go to his room and sit on his bed a couple of times today. When he is bad, I tell him to go to his room and sit on his bed. When I go in to check on him and have a little talk with him, he's in there, playing with his toys and not sitting on his bed like he is supposed to.

He helped me yesterday by cleaning up his toys in his room. I'm trying to get him to help me out more with the cleaning up, just putting things away. He really has to work on his listening skills. He listens, but he is challenging me more and more. I just want him to behave himself, especially at school. He is a pretty good kid, but he has to do as he is asked. I started counting to 5 to get him to do things he is asked to do. He knows that if I get to 5 and he still hasn't done as he was asked, then I get a bit mad and he has to go to his room. I don't know if sending him to his room or sending him to bed early is working.

He is so excited about Halloween. He knows that it is tomorrow. We're going to my mother's place and we are doing the trick-or-treat thing there like we've done the last couple of years. I always went to my Grandparents' place for Halloween. Now it is his turn. I get dressed up with him to take him trick-or-treating. This year I'm going to be a witch. I have to make jell-o tonight. My mother asked me to make some because she wants to have the kids reach into a pot of red jell-o and spaghetti to dig out treat bags. My mother loves Halloween. If she's anywhere near as drunk as she was last year, she'll be calling in sick the next day for work. She was so drunk last year that she swore my brother's shoes were talking to her. In fact, it was my bother talking to her, telling her to get up off the floor.

Anyway, my son has French class at his school. I think it is great. All the French I learned in Kindergarten has stuck with me. Unfortunately, I still have problems with it, but I got a book + CDs that will help me. I figure if I try to teach myself a bit every night before bed, it will help. I know basic French. My grammar is BAD though.

He said to me today: "Mommy, do you know how to say candy in French?" I knew how, but I asked him anyway. "Bonbons." It was really cute. I was in French immersion for Kindergarten and the first grade. I had to go to a new school for grade 2. It was a public school and everything we were learning in French class there was the same as what I was already taught. I remember doing stuff I had already done in grade 6. I ended up helping the other kids in my class.

Nothing exciting is going on today. I know I'm going to have a nap when I put my son down for a nap. Otherwise we'll both be cranky and we'll drive each other crazy. He has no school on Friday so I'm thinking about taking him to the Kanata Wave Pool. They have water slides there. I haven't been there for a really long time. I think he'll enjoy it. The day after tomorrow is his class picture day. They used to have the class picture and the individual pictures done on the same day. I don't know why they changed it. Maybe they changed it to make more money off the parents. Who knows? I still can't wait until I get the pictures I ordered of him.

Man, I could go for a nap right about now, but I have to leave soon to pick up Daniel from school. Soon enough, soon enough.

No comments: