I had one of the worst days I've had in a while at co-op on Friday. I tried hard to keep my composure, but I couldn't. I hate when that happens, but when it happens there is little I can do about it. I did end up speaking to the manager and to the teacher from the stupid 'school' I went to. He wasn't listening to me. The manager at least pretended to listen to me and showed that he at least tried to understand what I was saying. Even if he didn't and ultimately didn't care.
He told me I should come back on Monday to finish my last week there. I will because two weeks of co-op at that hotel will look better than only one week. That is the only reason why. Other than that I would walk out of there without ever looking back. If I had a job lined up for me right now I would go to it and just completely forget about those idiot. For a high class hotel, they are extremely poorly managed. Nobody knows what the other person is doing.
We were training without any problems for the first two or three days and then they gave us our 'special' projects of scrubbing tubs and cleaning lights. They said it was part of the job, but the thing is that if it was that important all the room attendants would be doing it every day. They just made us do it because it had to be done anyway. I told the manager that. I told him to his face. I may not speak up when I should, but when I do speak up I expect people to listen to me and take me seriously. I don't like getting pushed around, ever.
He said that it would be completely different on Monday but I guarantee it would have been the same b.s if I hadn't said anything. The other girls are competing against my friend and I because they think they are better than us. Not only that, but they think they have to fight us for jobs that don't even exist. They just hired six new people a couple of months ago. When I told my teacher he said that we were only there for the experience. He said that jobs weren't guaranteed. It is supposed to be an employment initiative for social assistance. It's not supposed to be a training firm. It is only designed to make it look like the city is 'helping' people get jobs, but it's not actually doing anything other than PISSING ME OFF. I wasted a month and a half doing all this shit because they are dangling a carrot in front of my face and making me do lap after lap around this race track. It's bullshit when I know that I'm aiming too low in the first place. The only thing is that this cleaning job pays more than I was making doing security. It is sad, yet it is true.
None of them can even empathize because none of them have ever been on social assistance. They think we don't deserve our dignity or any form of respect because we are stuck in this situation. If the security company didn't screw me over and force me to quit, I wouldn't be on welfare. I don't want to be on welfare. I want to be valued in terms of being indispensable to a company. I want to be self-efficient. I want reasons to feel confident about myself instead of constantly feeling useless. I want to be whatever I'm not at this current moment in time.
It just defeats the purpose of getting people jobs if they send them to where they are NOT hiring. Does it make any sense? I think not. That is what I'm trying to get through to them, but do they hear it? No they do not. Even though I could scream at them until I'm blue in the face and they still wouldn't understand. It is supposed to get people jobs not waste their time and efforts promising things (the jobs) that they won't get for them. It's bullshit and I was pissed off beyond the max on Friday.
I feel slightly better knowing that I won't have to work there with such stupidly ignorant people under such stupidly disorganized circumstances. They run out of GLOVES and CLEANING SUPPLIES and they are a HOTEL. It really shows where their priorities are. They want to be where the money's at and they all get paid ridiculous amounts to NOT do their jobs or to do their jobs with the LEAST amount of effort on their part. They look down their noses at people like me and It irritates me to no end. I want to kick the asses of those people because severe ignorance really pisses me off. I don't ever want to be snooty and I try not to be. The really snooty people are so used to being snooty that they don't see how it affects other people. They are so wrapped up in themselves that they can't see anyone else other than their selves.
Another thing that pisses me off is being talked down to. Don't talk to me like you are better than me. Don't talk to me like I'm a child. Listen to me so I don't have to repeat myself five million fucking times. Don't walk on me because as tolerant as I am, I cannot and will not tolerate everyone and everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment