Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

Getting it Figured Out

I had a better day yesterday than I had the day before and today will be even better because it's FRIDAY!!!! I wish everyday was Friday.

I've got all the pictures I took of Belleville on a disk and I will upload them on here this weekend. I think a lot of them turned out pretty good. I'm thinking about setting up a portfolio for my photos.

I haven't been writing many poems lately. The newest ones I wrote are on my home computer. I haven't posted any new ones yet. I haven't had much time for anything lately. I am hoping that it is about to change.

I'm glad to be at school, but I find it boring. We're not really learning anything because the stuff we go over from the book is mostly just common sense. I'm all finished my project for the Canadian Museum of Civilization. I want to take my Grandmother to the Imax at some point. On Sundays it is half price. Tomorrow we're going to my Mother's place for my brother's birthday party. It is just a family dinner. My brother probably got loaded last night because he is legal age to drink in a bar, or buy alcohol. I find that scary. I had a baby when I was his age. I think it is a matter of time before I become an Aunt. Hopefully it won't be for a while, but you never know. My brother isn't the most responsible one in our family. He sadly takes after his father who is a jerk. My other brother has a part time job as a dish washer at a diner, he goes to his job after school. He says he is going to save up to move out next year. My mother seems to think that the magic age is 16 because that is the age she expects us to be out of her house. I was out of her house before that, but when I was 16, I had my own place.

The kitten is adjusting to his new home pretty well. Bailee is curious about him, but she still growls and hisses at him. She is trying to assert her authority. I'm hoping that they will start getting along soon. She is pitifully scared of him and he's just about 6 weeks old. He's a little ball of kitty fur. He sleeps in my room with me. This morning he was on my pillow, playing with my hair, trying to wake me up. Which I didn't mind because I kept hitting the P*ss Off button (snooze). I find myself hitting it about three or four times every morning. My secret love affair. With the P*ss Off button.

I might be getting a job sooner than I thought I would. Rob sent my resume off to someone in HR. Hopefully I get working soon. I need something. I'd love a job taking pictures for a magazine or a newspaper. Or writing for one. I should have taken journalism in college or photography. I got talked into taking policing. I think I wanted to take it for the fitness classes and just for the sheer curiosity of it. It was an interesting course, but I can't really do anything with it. I thought it would help me get almost any job I wanted because it shows that I'm an ethical person, I even took an ethics class, but I think that when they see that I have the diploma, they think that there is some bad reason why I'm not a cop.

I don't know what the future will hold for me in terms of a career, but the main thing is that I'm trying to figure it out. I'm just tired at this point and I don't know what direction I'm heading in. I guess I have a lot of time to figure it out. But I want to get it figured out.

No comments: