Some people you swear were sent for you. You know? Like I meet people in my life who have helped me tremendously and I think that I was supposed to meet them. Sometimes it is nice to believe in angels. I wouldn't say if I did because people think it's crazy.
But there's some slight possibility that there could be angels. Nobody knows for sure. Maybe there are unicorns and aliens. I don't see any proof that they exist, but just because I haven't seen one, doesn't mean they don't exist. Even if nobody has seen one, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are creatures living at the bottom of the ocean that nobody has ever seen, but they are still there. We know more about the moon than the bottom of the ocean. Isn't that strange? The water pressure at such a depth has to be astronomical. Animals have strange ways of adapting to changing environments, even if it does take a million years to evolve into something else.
When I think about fish, I think about the gills first, then the fins, then the lips. The eyes are always blank. Fish don't have memory capacity, or so they say. Their memories can last from just seconds to who knows. Jaws seemed to have a pretty good memory. Or at least a good attention span to have kept up the fight for as long as it was in the end. Obviously they are f*cking SMART. The hunting is more than just instinct with them. When they want at something, they plan it out. I know that movie about the sharks.... (Deep Blue Sea, or something like that) was just a movie, but the thought of something like that happening scared the crap out of me. If I ever found myself in the water with a shark, I'd probably piss myself out of fear, and of course they like the scent of stuff like that. I heard that divers piss in their wet suits to keep themselves warm in the ocean. I thought about someone trying to survive out in the North somewhere trying to keep themselves warm by pissing on themselves. I thought: 1) piss is a liquid, liquid will freeze. 2) I heard that hot liquid freezes faster. (Don't know if it is true).
Someone was telling me something that I thought was pretty strange. She said that if you put a can of regular coke in a tank of water, it will sink. If you put a can of diet coke in the tank of water, it will float. It is because of the sugar in the can of regular coke. 39 grams of sugar in each can. That is 20 spoonfuls. Watch them say:"Ooops!!!We got the numbers mixed up, it's actually 93!" I rarely allow my son to drink pop. For 3 reasons: 1) I don't want him to think it is ok to have it all the time. 2) He gets hyper after he has any sugar at all. 3) Kids don't need sugar. They're already sweet as it is. Sugar is a carbohydrate. And celluloses are also carbohydrates. Whenever I think of celluloses, I think about cellulite. Thus, connecting sugar to cellulite. Drinking pop is as much an addiction, if not worse than smoking because of the fact that it is more part of the culture because it is sociably accepted throughout the world. It is a beverage which isn't restricted by age. Kids can buy it in the store whenever they have the cash. Pop is cheap. Sugar is not good. It should be strictly restricted in diets. You think about the fast food joints. Yes, the food gets people gaining weight, but so do the drinks simply by sugar content alone.
Let's talk about smoking as a bad addiction. It is an epidemic. People are bootlegging them to f*ck with the government for raising the prices all the f*cking time. They say they do this to discourage kids from smoking. It's the f*cking chemicals that are getting people so hooked. The cigarette companies love the crack-like addiction and the fact that the goverment keeps raising the price. It's pretty much 8 bucks a pack here. I think it's f*cking crazy. I remember being able to take a note with me to the store, signed by my mother, with the phone number on it, to buy her a pack of smokes when I was like 7 years old. There are fines for selling to minors and they even take licenses away. In Ottawa, you cannot go into any public place and smoke. No smoking in restaurants, (that's understandable. I always hated that when I was a non-smoker.) Smoking is always outside, everywhere and they have a by-law where you can't smoke within 10 meters from any entrance to any public building. They have pictures and warnings on packages that obviously don't really help much when you're going through a craving, but they do make you think for a few minutes. They put the same chemicals in the cigarettes as embalming fluid. The chemicals are supposed to make the tobacco last longer, and burn slower. If it was just tobacco, the cigarette would be gone in two drags.
Cigarettes are probably so addictive because it affects pretty much every one of our senses:
Sight: If you see someone pulling out a pack of smokes, you want to smoke.
If you see a cigarette, you want to smoke.
Sound: You want to smoke when you hear words associated with smoking.
You want to smoke to talk to your 'smoking buddies'.
Smell: Although smoking does desensitizes a smoker's sense of smell, the smell lingers on the clothes, in the hair, on your skin. You can smell it long after the cigarette has been smoked. The smell of it that sticks to you makes you want to smoke. The smell of other smokers makes you want to smoke.
Touch: Carrying around the pack of smokes. It gives you a false sense of security because you feel as though having cigarettes in your pack means you don't have to go searching for one when you feel you need one. Holding the cigarette in your fingers when you're smoking it. Having the cigarette in your mouth.
Taste: Different brands have different tastes. There is even menthol. Menthol is even harder to quit because the menthol taste itself is addicting. Once you realize you like the taste of the tobacco, you want it more. Like the smell, the taste lingers in your mouth, too, probably because of the chemicals. It causes gum disease, all kinds of diseases. Cancer. Heart attacks. Strokes. This is one thing that bothers me. Smoking increases the blood flow which means your heart rate is increased, and also your blood pressure. Smoking clogs arteries. We all need our arteries to carry the blood flow to our vital organs, muscles, and tissues. Arteries carry blood away from the heart. So it is sort of like a clog in a sink drain. If you have no way of turning off the water on the tap and the sink if clogged, the water overflows in the sink. Blood would overflow in the heart. The parts of your body that need blood won't get it.
I know I should quit smoking. It would be better for my health in the long run. It's so hard to quit smoking. I know my body keeps telling me I should quit, but the parts of me that are addicted severely don't want to let me quit. If you take your pulse before you smoke, and after you smoke, I bet it increases. I can feel my heart beating faster. Sometimes it scares me because I know I have issues with my heart to begin with. Each time I smoke, I damage my heart more. It is damage that can't be fixed. My heart is still beating, so it's still good. They say that over 45,000 people die every year from smoking. That is the population of a small city. Close to 4,000 people in Canada commit suicide each year, according to Stats Canada. But you have to ask yourself: Isn't smoking like slowly committing suicide? There is arsenic in cigarettes. Arsenic is a poison. Ingesting poison purposely.... Hmmm..... Couldn't they just outlaw smoking by arguing that since committing suicide is illegal and ingesting poison leads to death and the death is caused by the actions of that person caused to themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment