Pages

Friday, May 31, 2024

She Will Be Missed & Remembered

Got off the phone with my mother just now.

Her husband's mother passed away last night.

When we saw her, she wasn't doing well.
Tubes up the nose etc.

My Stepfather's birthday is on the 3rd, days away.

She was so nice, this lady. 
I remember the family gatherings at Christmas.
A moment when I realized that because of HER
we were all there.
All HER children, children's children, 
and even their children.

Who wouldn't be here if it weren't for HER.

My cousins, whose father, brother, and now grandmother passed.
My Aunt whose husband, son, and mother just passed.
Within the last 5 years.

I was right that it was the last time I was going to get to see her.
There was a reason I ended up going over that day.

She had a stroke Monday. Saw her Wednesday.
She passed last night.

No comments: