Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Working Weekends

I have been very busy to say the least. First of all, all the events are over with for now. I am glad of that. My son's birthday was two days after mine, then my Grandmother's birthday is a day after my son's.

Monday ....................... My son's birthday

Tuesday......................... My Grandmother's birthday

Wednesday.................... I started training at my new job.

Thursday........................ Second night of training.

Friday............................. My first official night shift.

Saturday......................... My son's birthday party & second night shift

Sunday............................ Dinner with Rob's parents


So that brings us to a close.


I wasn't invited to my Grandmother's birthday party. I told my mother I wanted to go with them so she let me 'tag along'. Why the flying f*ck wasn't I invited to my GRANDMOTHER'S birthday party? My Cousin got to bring along his new girlfriend, whom nobody's met before, and I WASN'T INVITED. My mother's husband thinks that she's pregnant. Everyone was surprised to see me there and my Aunt gave me a look that plainly said that she didn't want me there. I wanted to slap it off her face. She has to be one of my least favorite people. I have to say that politely because she is family, but if I could choose my own family, then she wouldn't be.

Other than that, it was nice to see my cousin C**** again. And my Aunt and Uncle from Alberta. They are nice people and probably the only family that I'd keep in touch with. My mother's pissed off at my Uncle because he told her that she was selfish and immature. Maybe if someone had told her years ago, she'd be a different person. I think it is immature to be pissed off at being called immature. Don't you? I mean, C'mon. So what? He told her what nobody else has told her, the truth, and she can't face it. Tough potatoes. Get real. As for the money my cousin loaned my mother. She'll never be able to pay it back and even so, might not. She thinks the world owes her something.

It was better that my brother didn't go out to Alberta. He probably get his ass whooped by 'em country boys. No better way to build muscle than some good hard work. Farming is what they do out there, mostly. Well, where my Uncle's at. He used to make shoes for horses, and even made them for donkeys. He gave that up a long time ago. He still makes his honey. He's got his own bees. Maybe five or six hives. Bees hibernate in the winter.

Anyway, they stayed in town until Saturday. I wanted to get down there and see them, but I started training for my new job. I go in on the weekends to the hotel and I clean the main washrooms, dust the lobby, wash the windows at the pool, vacuum the restaurant and the bar (two hours), do the recycling for the guys at the front desk, and clean the cafeteria.

It is a big difference between the restaurant upstairs and the cafeteria for the cleaners. I might do a comparison thing about it after. The bathrooms are even different. It shows how the rich get all the classy – everything, and the RESPECT.

I had just finished vacuuming the restaurant and the bar. I have to close up these bi-fold doors that go into the bar. The chef guy had come in and he was getting stuff ready for the breakfast whatever. So I asked him if he could help me. I asked him in a nice way with a smile on my face.

He says, “You need help closing a door?! Aren't you working with someone? Can't you get one of your guys to do it? That's not my job.”

Which I replied, “Ok then, sorry.” But I was thinking: “You mother-f*cking bastard! Don't you dare talk down to me like I'm a piece of shit just because you make like 3 times more than me.”

Maybe if he EVER dares to speak to me that way again I'll just tell the guys at the front desk that I saw him spitting in some food or dropping it on the floor and putting it on a plate. Just because I'm a cleaner doesn't mean I'm less than a human being. I feel as though I should confront him and tell him that he wouldn't dare speak to one of the guests in that way. So why should he speak to me that way? What a f*cking asshole. I hold grudges, especially when I've been offended. That really pissed me off. Yeah, yeah... I should let it go, until the next time. Until then, I'll intimidate him a bit by playing a little head game with him. Every time I walk by him, I won't even look at him. I'll pretend like he isn't there, but I'll do it with my 'don't f*ck with me' persona. With everyone else I'll be nice, except for him. He could have simply said, “Sorry, I'm busy right now, but so and so can help you.” That would have saved face, but no. He had to be the f*cking bastard that he is and try to pull a heavy. Well, it can work both ways.

You see, I can take the game further and find out where they keep like comment cards for the food and I know how to get a list of the guests. I could just write a bunch out saying: “That guy should be fired because he is so rude. And he sneezed on my salad.” Whatever. It's a 5 star hotel so the food has to be good. But there are ways to fix that. Oooops, there's pepper on that watermelon.... Oooops, there's salt on all the breakfast muffins...

Anyway, I'm only working the weekends. It is a good start. It pays a little bit more than the security. Something that I have experience in. A little bit like old times when R**** and I used to work the night shift at the College, but this place has way higher standard than the College. They are so fancy that they fold the toilet paper square into a point. I have to do this and I have 12 bathrooms to clean. Same with the paper towels, they have to be folded into a point. I think it's stupid and not necessary. There have been times that I have had to look for the end of the roll, you know, the first square on a new roll, or when you have to spin it to find the end. I guess stuck up snobs don't want to waste those precious seconds.

It's just messed up, I think, when people who do those things, those stupid little things, that everyone likes because of that extra touch of class - or whatever and they are the least respected of everyone in there. Maybe he's just asking for something to happen. Let's find those buttons to push, let's see what happens when they are pushed.


Just try me

And you will see

That you

Don't want to

Make me

Your enemy


No comments: