Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Mystery of Time

It was an o.k day. Nothing out of the ordinary. Except it was really windy. The wind here was about 60 km/h. In some places it was 100 km/h. It was so strong that it almost pushed a tractor trailer off a bridge. I think that was in Kingston. It was on the news. They were doing a report about the Ice Storm of '98. It doesn't seem like 10 years ago.

American Gladiators is back on. I used to watch it like 14 years ago. I can't believe it's been 14 years. It's a cool show. Don't know why they ever took it off the air in the first place. I always liked to watch it. I was about 10 or so and my brother was 6. We watched it together. Another thing I used to do with my brother was play Nintendo. The real old school one with the super Mario brothers. He couldn't stand not being Mario, so I was always Luigi. The one time he let me be Mario, I was kicking butt and I didn't realize that I was playing it. I used to pretend to play on my paddle when he was playing. My favorite one is the second Mario brothers game. I haven't seen it in years. I always find the first one or the third one. The second one is the best. I still suck at it, but it brings back childhood memories. Staying up all night, trying to finish the game, the very last level. It felt great when I finally beat the whole thing. By then, my brother had done it a bunch of times, but it still felt great.

I don't get the deal with these play stations and stuff. I tried to play it, but I always got stuck in a corner somewhere. The 3-D just confused me. I like the simplicity of only having two buttons and not two million. Shoot and jump. Why complicate it? After Sega, I didn't want anything else. I still have the Sega and a Nintendo. They don't work as well as they used to because they are dated units, but still can't be beat in my mind. Sonic is the stuff. I love that game. Sonic the Hedgehog rules! I felt victorious having beat that game. It was a lot harder than the Mario brothers.

We're probably due for a revolution. We've advanced a lot in the last 40 years with inventions of all kinds in all fields. The industrial revolution got the country out of the great depression. Well unions had a hand in it, too. The technical revolution turned computers with less capacity than a modern calculator into high-speed processing machines. They laughed when someone once said that they'd have personal computers in pretty much every home. Now look at how much is computerized. Practically anything you can think of could be computerized somehow. They can program computers to do all kinds of things, even things that I can't think of, they could probably do.

Some people say that time travel is mathematically possible. I'd like to know how and what makes it possible, and have it translated into context that I can understand. I think it has to do with the theory of relativity. I think that if there is a theory of relativity, and there is, there must be a theory of un-relativity. There has to be an opposite for everything because the universe operates on some sort of balance. Take matter and anti-matter. Both can create energy. Gravity and anti-gravity... Time is one of those mysteries.

No comments: