Pages

Thursday, November 08, 2007

DON'T Drink & Drive!!!! Ever!!!!

Urgh! It's getting colder almost every day. So it seems. Why can't winter just start so that we can get it over with faster? Of course it never works that way. You know what they say: In like a lamb, out like a lion. I'm afraid that the longer we have to wait for it to get here, the longer it will be until it leaves. When I was a kid, I used to go out and play in the snow all day. Now, I don't even like walking through it. Why does it have to be so bright and blinding? What is up with that? And another thing, why do the roads have to be so reflective? The sun shines off it and it hurts my eye balls.

I have to start learning how to drive. I've been out in the car a few times. The last time I accidentally hit the gas instead of the break and I didn't want to drive after that. It scared me too much. I hear that it is a common mistake, but I don't want it to happen to me when I get onto the road. The anxiety levels when I'm behind the wheel of the car are really high. If I had any more medication, I probably wouldn't be able to drive. I'm not supposed to drink when I'm on the medication. It only makes me tired. Of course I do not drink and drive. I don't drive anyway. It is such a stupid thing to do. Not only could you kill yourself, you could kill someone else. I know someone whose husband was killed by a drunk driver. The lady got her license back and ended up doing it again. The second time, she killed her own mother. I totally believe in MADD. I am a mother against drunk driving. The statistics on people dying due to drunk driving are really sad. Especially when you think that one is too many. People do get into accidents, but when a person knows that they shouldn't be driving because they had too much to drink, then get into that car anyway, that is NOT an accident. It is a mistake that shouldn't be made. I know that judgment is affected when someone is drunk, but common sense should always remain intact.

The roads are going to get bad. People driving in the first snow fall of the season often forget to slow down. Be careful out there. It's not a damn race track. People want to feel safe in their cars, but they often forget that a car can become a dangerous weapon, specifically a projectile when it leaves the road.

I was watching a show called: Most Shocking; Worst Drivers. It was about people doing stupid things like driving through windows and things like that. There was a clip about a mentally unstable guy driving a really big truck. Of course you don't want some crazy guy out on the road in the first place. The cops were chasing him. He went to take a corner and the truck tipped right over just a few feet away from where two kids were standing on the sidewalk. They were lucky not to have been squished under the truck. I think they kids took off home to explain to their parents why they had to change their underwear.

There was also a clip of a guy who was riding his horse home from a bar. The cops didn't know he was drunk. They thought he stole the horse. They said that if he had stopped when he was asked to pull over, and proved the horse was his, then they would have let him go. But he decides that it would be the perfect time to take off on the horse. I'll tell you that it is amusing watching someone ride a bike when they are drunk, but it is something else watching a drunk try to ride a horse.

He ended up getting pepper sprayed. He was taken into custody for evading the police. I don't think he got any drunk driving charges because he was riding a horse. Do drunk driving charges only apply to the operation of a motor vehicle? I should have paid more attention in Traffic Management class. The process for securing the charges has something like 10 to 15 steps. I don't remember all of them, but I remember that it was on the exam.

Anyway, it is about time to get ready to go and pick up my little man. I wish he'd act more like a kid than a mini grown up. I blame myself for that, but I tell myself it is because the kid is smarter than a lot of kids his own age.

No comments: