Pages

Monday, February 19, 2024

Unsubscribing From Email - Reader Request

Heard a couple things... One... 
That Blogger doesn't work that great on Internet Explorer.


Second, the email notifications are sent in multiples.
Sorry, didn't know and don't know how to unsubscribe you manually,
but you can unsubscribe from the email.


Emails usually have a link to unsubscribe in the email.
I know this about email marketing emails. 
They have to have that by law. 
Email marketing has laws like spam laws or whatever. 


Email marketers use autoresponders...
Autoresponders are pretty cool. 
They have those forms you might have seen on other blogs
where people add their name and email  
to subscribe to a newsletter or whatever...


The data submitted from the form goes into a database
not only does the database store the email addresses, 

the database stores the emails that go out to the person
who signed up for the newsletter...

But as soon as they sign up, they are automatically sent it.
Because it's set up ahead of time.


Anyway, the technology is pretty cool. 
I know that email marketing works. 
I bought some things via email before. 


I haven't been blogging here as much...
Maybe been holding a lot of things inside, 
which isn't good. Keeping things in that don't feel good,
doesn't feel good. 
I can notice it in my face.

Without looking at my face, 
I can feel what my face is doing when I'm thinking about it.

When I'm thinking, my face does what it does
and for the most part, I don't notice how my face is 
doing what my face is doing
when I'm stuck like heavily ruminating.


There was a video I saw about rumination. 
A guy does Facebook Live to talk about a variety of topics. 
Caught a bunch of them. 


For this year, I have to focus on other things... 
I've wasted a lot of time ruminating.
A lot of things have REALLY pissed me off.

I feel like the last 4 years have been like ruminating
on things I can't change or do anything about.
I wrote about it, a lot.
Like pretty much every day for over a year.
That particular thing...

Other things happened since then...
That I haven't written about...

I feel like that's on me for giving people many chances
to keep disappointing me... 
Not that my expectations were too high. 
I'd expected change, but that wasn't entirely up to me.


When people need to grow up, they need to grow up.
Would it be cool if we could wave a magic wand
and people would just magically MATURE...
AND GET THEIR HEAD OUT OF THEIR ASS....

FINALLY, WAKE UP...

Because I would wave my wand on my past self. 
In all honestly, I needed to wake up.
To how I was being.
Not just ACTING. BEING.

I ruminate on that. 
Can I change how I was in the past? No.
Can I change how I am, today? Yes.


The thing that gets me is impulsivity. 
Impulsively, I've been immature.
That's where the gap is. 
Reactivity and immaturity...

But rumination affects our health
is what the guy in the video was saying.
He says that anger affects the liver.


Those Monks who seem to either gain wisdom
in every and any experience...
They don't seem to be affected by things beyond their control.
Admirable.


Then I've been listening to another guy
who was talking about the EGO
The EGO is about the FAT
Feeling, Acting, Thinking.

The spirit is about Being. 

So that anger feeling, indignation...
Is that the EGO?

Been thinking about getting back into DBT stuff. 
When I got out of the hospital, I did some of it.
It's been hard because of what I've been through.
I'm in a bit of a better headspace now
but still get those massive waves of anxiety....


I could just distract myself from it, and that's pretty hard...
If you ever heard of fight or flight responses...
There's another response called freeze. 

Sometimes it's harder than others. 
I have my go-to things that help me get through the day.
It's just that I'd like to get through the day without those things...
Just rely on myself and my skills (that I'm still working on).


A lot of thoughts and ideas going on in my head.... 
That's why I might not be on here like bananas, 
but there are things I need to be working out, emotionally and personally.

I'll write about the DBT stuff while I'm working on it.
There's more a lot to unpack. 

Some stuff packed so tight that I don't know what it is
or where it is.

Like how you put something in a "safe place"
and then it seems to "get lost."

I think of it like that. Pain filed away so deep
that you don't know where it is, 
doesn't hurt anymore because it never sees the light of day...
Could still be there somewhere. 

A part from me thinks it's burried deep somewhere
because I tend to hold onto stuff. A lot of stuff. 
Sometimes I feel guilty for parting with it.

Emotionally, I sometimes feel guilty for even being happy
because of the things I've been through. 

But I'm kind of forcing myself to be isolated
to try to clean up my energy.


Kept giving chances and chances and chances
to people who just wanted to waste them....

A lot of time that I can't get back.
That I need for myself now. 


Should have been giving to myself. 
To work on DBT stuff etc.
To work on my website stuff etc. 
To knit, crochet, read, write... 

Looking forward to the warmer weather ahead...
It got warm for a couple of weeks
and the pigeons nearby had babies early this year.








No comments: